Phishing: Don't Get Hooked. Know What Phishing Looks Like
Phishing: Don't get Hooked.
Even the most savvy tech expert can be deceived by a phishing attempt.
Phishing is a common method used by cyber criminals to steal your personal and financial information. Phishing messages typically take the form of an email or phone call from a cyber criminal impersonating someone else, such as your bank.
What does phishing look like?
Phishing messages appear to be from a legitimate source, but they are actually sent by cyber criminals who want you to share sensitive information. Cyber criminals frequently use scare tactics in these messages, such as threatening to close your accounts or arrest you unless you give them information that you would normally keep secure. If the cyber criminal is successful, he or she can use that information to steal your identity or gain access to your accounts.
What are the different types of phishing?
- Smishing - It is a phishing attempt via SMS (text message).
- Spearphishing - Is a highly targeted phishing attempt in which a message is designed to appear to come from someone you know personally.
- Whaling - Is a high-profile phishing attempt aimed at a senior executive or other high-ranking official in an organization or government department.
- Spoofing - It entails creating a bogus website in order to obtain personal information from someone.
Phishing campaigns by cybercriminals have become increasingly sophisticated.
Don't let yourself be sucked in. Get cyber safe and arm yourself with the following tips to stay vigilant about cyber security.
If you need security services about your computer network, we can resolve your technical issues and repair/upgrade older equipment, including computer repair, Wi-Fi network support, home or office cabling, smart home automation, and surveillance / security, to name a few of our specialties.
This month raises widespread awareness of the importance of cybersecurity, so set aside some time to ensure your personal security and collaborate with us to safeguard your company's data and networks.
Protect yourself online. Follow us for more security strategies to keep Phisers at bay.
At Kunsten Technologies, technology is at your fingertips.
Supporting clients with technology needs from
* Fiber / Ethernet / Wi-Fi Networks & Cabling * Surveillance Cameras * Computers * Home Automation *
GTA Sales: 647-417-3605
York Region Sales: 416-836-6769